Back in Good Old KE Hall

Sunday, June 7, 2009
Finally back in hall after 1 month plus. Hall is practically deserted, not many people around. It feels like my first day here, except that I return not as a freshie, but as a senior and KEWOC member.

So, what have I done in the past 1 month at home? I did set out a few objectives to achieve and I am glad I did achieve some, if not all.

I did hit 195 chinese characters, short of the original plan of 200. Worse, these are not the 195 most common characters, so I still find it difficult to comprehend sentences. Haha, but now I can make out simple sentences (very simple ones) or fragments of sentences. It has been a nice experience making myself watch Guess Guess Guess, Taiwan hokkien shows, Edisi Siasat Mandarin ( a Malaysian mandarin show about current issues) and a particular Singaporean show teaching Mandarin to foreigners. Yeah, it's called 有话好好说 (you hua hao hao shuo), and I am loving it watching Indians and Filipinos speaking Mandarin.

Besides, I did meet up with few friends, the usual Form 6 gang... We went to school together, tuition together, CCA together, so many things done together. Same paths will eventually diverge and now we are on separate roads. Wish you guys all the best and hope that we can meet up for more trips sometime in the future. The Lumut trip was fun! Met up with two primary school classmates, namely Chong Eu and Winson. All the best to you guys also. Of course, there are many more I did not get a chance to meet, mainly due to clashing freetime. Sorry to Elaine also, who tried hard to organise a KL outing but I had to pull out.

Gonna sleep now and continue tomorrow.

2 comments:

[liN] said...

o.O you're back so early! Haha. Hope you'll be more occupied in SG then.
When huiwen comes back, you can all come over to my place, chat chat and play with my sister! :)

Gavin Cheah said...

I want to!!! Haha...but Hui Wen in float leh, i dunno if she has the time.....